Saturday, August 26, 2017

Thhinking of You with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps

Happy Saturday everyone!! I hope you all have been enjoying your week.

I start work again on Monday so I have been milking this last week of vacation for all it is worth. This summer FLEW by so fast this year that I really am not ready to go back!! No cleaning done this week but lots of crafting and visiting with girl friends who are difficult to see while I am working.

Today it is my turn over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog. In honer of the end of summer, I created more of a fall card. I used Freshly Made Sketches #302 as my design inspiration.


I combined three CAS-ual Fridays Stamps sets-"Autumn Blessings," "Full on Floral," and "Pretty Posies" to make this card.

I started out by doing a bit of ink blending with Distress Inks over a stencil on white card stock to get my circle. I then stamped the sentiment from "Pretty Posies" in brown dye ink underneath. I adhered the white panel over a top folding A2 sized brown card base.

Next I die cut the acorn using CAS-ual Fridays "Acorn Fri-dies" from a scrap piece of polka dot patterned paper and some kraft card stock. I shaded the bottom of the acorn with brown ink and adhered the acorn top over it.


I then die cut the leaves from some white card stock and then did a "stamp kissing" technique over the top of them.


I inked up the leaf stamp from "Autumn Blessings" with red dye ink.


I placed the non inked "Full on Floral" stamp over the inked leaf and then lifted it up.


The floral image took away a bit of the red ink and left an impression on the solid stamp. I then die cut some veins out of brown card stock and adhered them to the red leaf.


I adhered the leaves to the circle and used foam adhesive to pop up the acorn a little bit.

If you like the stamp sets that I used or feel like a shopping spree, use my code nora2017 at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Store to get 15% off your total order.


Again, I used Freshly Made Sketches #302 as my layout inspiration for this card.


I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!


Stamps:

   


SaveSave

6 comments:

Darnell said...

Such a pretty autumn card, Nora! I love the stenciled circle and how you kissed the leaf stamp to give it extra interest! Brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

I am not ready for summer to be over, either! Good that you were making the most of your last week!
Your fall card is cute, especially the acorn with the polka dot hat!

Lisa Elton said...

I spotted that sketch right away, you nailed it!! This is a delightful card Nora, love it!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a fabulous fall card! I love the background plus the leaf and acorn are such iconic images of the season! Nice take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anita in France said...

What a cute autumnal card, Nora ... great technique 'kissing' the leaves before stamping ... delicious layering ... and such a fabulous sense of texture! You might like to link this up at Time Out where our theme is Autumn! Hugs, Anita :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is awesome! I love the crispness of your card and the fabulous stamps you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!